From Bravo to Bride

Shots, shots, sh, sh, sh, shots!

It's bachelorette party time!  I have to give you a little back story on the theme of the party.  When I was a young Cucumber Sandwich, going to college in Washington, DC, I found myself hanging out with a certain demographic of the city.  Those hunky men in uniform to be exact!  My friends and I always went to bars by the 8th and I Marine Corp barracks.  We thought we were so cool because we were friends with marines instead of frat guys.  This little phase went on for about 2 years.

The theme of my bachelorette party was 'From Bravo to Bride' because those lovely marines had a nickname for girls like us.  Bravo Whiskey.  I was so young and naive that I thought it was a cute pet name.  Come to find out, it stand for Barracks Wh*re.  Ooops.  Sorry MamaCS!

I knew it was going to be a good time when I received this exciting invitation in the mail from BM Smoked Salmon.  The invitation says:
Tribute to a True American Patriot
Before she makes the ultimate promise of dedication to one man- come out and celebrate a girl who for many years prior selflessly devoted her life to the city she loved and the men who protected it...... Ms. Cucumber "Bravo Whiskey" Sandwich

So embarrassing but oh so true.

The day started off with picking the Sammie Sisters up from the train into DC.  By the time we got back to the house, it was completely decorated in red, white and blue!
Star and the beads!
We settled down for a light lunch complete with t-shirts and patriotic hats.
Very wrinkly after all the debauchery
After the lunch, I put those bridesmaids to work!  We watched a little Real Housewives and cut out some invitations.
Invitation Station!

Then it was time to get ready for the night ahead.  There was a dress code for the evening of red, white and blue attire.  I rented two dresses from Rent the Runway for the occasion. 
{RtR IceBreaker Dress by Badgley Mischka}

{RtR Sequin Mist by Nanette Lepore}
Sadly the white sequin was not as cute as I had hoped but the blue one was perfect.
All dolled up and ready to go!
Our first stop was Jose Andres' pop up restaurant  called American Eats.  American Eats is a temporary restaurant in collaboration with the National Archives that gives little US history lessons with all its food.  It was incredibly delicious and also neat to learn about the history of mac & cheese!
Sammie Sisters!
Yum!
After dinner we hailed a cab over to P.O.V. at the W hotel.  P.O.V. is a roof top bar with amazing views of DC.  Tres patriotic!  Want to see?!?


Shots, shots and shots later, we were having a grand old time and knew it was time to move on to our final destination. 
As we said in college, "What happens at the Hawk n' Dove, Stays at the Hawk n' Dove." So this is our final picture of the evening.  All I can tell you is a scandalous time was had by all.  Around 2am we poured ourselves back into a cab and heading to my house for a good old fashioned slumber party.  There was pizza, cheese sticks and Tangled (cutest movie ever)!  One of my favorite parts about going out is the retelling of stories the next morning so it was great to have them stay at the house that night for eggs and gossip in the am!

It was such a fantastic evening and I love all my girls so much for sending this American Patriot off in style!

What did you do for your bachelorette party?  Anyone else have a slightly embarrassing theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment