Stand By Me

I have two Sammie Sisters so I knew I would always have at least two bridesmaids.  Of course I asked them immediately after getting engaged.  This was before I discovered DIY wedding crafts and the hive.  Now I have seen so many adorable and crafty ways to ask your ladies. I wish I could have a do-over.

I wanted to ask them in a cute way instead of just blurting it out over the phone but the cards I DIY’ed were atrocious. Thank god I don’t have any photographic evidence of the cards but even if I did I would be too embarrassed to show you.  I sent them a card (lets just say it was on computer paper folded a couple of times and handwritten) and two different books on being a bridesmaids. 
Image via Amazon

I restrained myself from highlighting different passages in the book that I liked or thought were important....barely.  

I waited a while to ask my other three bridesmaids and thankfully my DIY projects went up a notch (a small notch).  For my two best friends from college I sent them ‘will you be my bridesmaids?’ cookies from The Flour Pot in Ambler, PA.  Super cute and I left the DIY to someone else!  
Image via The Flour Pot
Image via The Flour Pot

Smart all around!  They both loved the cookies and said yes.  

For my final bridesmaid, I had to come up with something different because I plagiarized the bridesmaid cookie idea from her.  I looked around etsy.com for ideas of cards or crafts.  After looking at the prices it seemed a little crazy to spend that much on one card and shipping.  Like many brides before me, I saw a cute card and thought to myself “I could do that.”  I must have bridal brain because I don’t know any other time in my life when I have thought those words.  

As luck would have it, I can do that!  It wasn’t the most elaborate card that has ever existed but it the best card I have ever made (and only for that matter).  The only thing I made sure to do first was to measure the envelope I had and then work from there.  It was all on card stock and printed on my computer.  I used card stock that I had around, glued it to the front of folded card stock and VOILA! It was good enough that she said yes!


So now I have 5 bridesmaids; 2 sisters, 2 friends from college and 1 friend from high school.
Anyone else ask their girls in a cute way?  How did your first DIY project turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment