Sandwiched Together: Let's Drink!

After the ceremony it was time to get our party on!

All Photographs courtesy of the delectable Girl Photography!


 But first Mr. CS and I shared a quick toast with our wedding party.  It was great to have a couple of seconds to decompress after the ceremony and before all the hugging and visiting with guests started. On to the cocktail hour!

Enjoying the weather on the Congress Hall patio
Bloody Mary Oyster Shooters; One of the many delicious passed hors d'oeuvres 



Our signature drink sign


While our guests were enjoying the steel drum band and passed delectables like smoked salmon pinwheels and lobster corn dogs, we took a couple of portraits.  Aren't we a good looking group!?



We decided to do a first look so that we could enjoy some of the cocktail hour but I am not going to lie I think I only got to try one appetizer and somebody maybe put a drink in my hand for about 2 minutes before more pictures were taken.  We ended up spending a fair amount of time corralling everyone to get family portraits.  And I even put a person in charge of getting everyone together!

I think it really is true that the ceremony was for me and Mr. CS and the reception is for the family/friends.  It was a lot of work saying hi to everyone and making sure all of our guests had a great time.  I won't change anything about our wedding but I think the idea that I was going to enjoy the cocktail hour was a little naive (when we had 125 guests).  

Time flies when you are having fun and before we knew it... grand entrance time!

Previously on Mrs. Cucumber Sandwich’s recaps:

No comments:

Post a Comment