Sandwiched Together: The Ceremony


Ceremony from Mrs. Cherry Pie  Photos from the astonishing Girl Photography

(You may be seated)
Welcome! Good afternoon, family and friends
We have come here today to celebrate the wedding
of Ms. CS and Mr. CS

On behalf of Mr. CS and Ms. CS, thank you for joining us
They are delighted that you have come to share in their joy on this special day
By your presence, you celebrate with them
The love they have discovered in each other
And you support their decision to commit themselves to a lifelong relationship
Marriage is a bond to be entered into only after considerable thought and reflection.
By making this commitment today, Ms. CS and Mr. CS’s relationship
will become stronger, better, and deeper

Today, Ms. CS and Mr. CS demonstrate their devotion to each other
By dedicating themselves to a life together
And they show their respect for each other
By setting forth to honor the vows they have created
Today, their lives, which began on separate paths, will be joined as one

II. ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF FAMILY & FRIENDS
Today represents not only the joining of Ms. and Mr. CS
But also the joining of their families and friends
Ms. CS and Mr. CS would like to recognize their parents on this occasion,
They offer their profound gratitude
For all the love and care their parents showed in raising them.
Parents, the unconditional gifts of love and support
That you have continually offered
Have inspired them to become who they are today,
And they thank you, from the bottom of their hearts,

Without you, this day would not be possible.
They are blessed to share their wedding day with you, their family and friends,
And thank each of you for making the long journey here
As much as today it is a celebration of Ms. CS and Mr. CS's marriage,
It is also a celebration of their love,
Which is built upon the years they have spent together
And all the experiences encompassed by that time

III. REMEMBRANCES & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
Ms. and Mr. CS have also asked that we take a moment
To honor those loved ones who are not with us today

Please take a moment of silence for those we have recognized.
[Moment of silence]
And now a reading


IV.  READING: I Carry Your Heart 


i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go ,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
 
                                    i fear
no fate(for you are my fate, my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant 
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
 
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
 
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)


V. GROUP DECLARATION OF SUPPORT
Now, I ask that these friends and family declare their support
And that you turn and acknowledge them, as they acknowledge you
As family and friends,
You form a community of support
That surrounds Ms. and Mr. CS
Each of you, by your presence here today
Is being called upon
To uphold them in loving each other

Always stand beside them, never between them
Offer them your love and your support
Not your judgment
Encourage them when encouragement is needed
And listen to them when they ask for advice
In these ways, you can honor this marriage
Into which they have come to be joined today
Do you offer your love and support
To strengthen their marriage
And bless this family created by their union?
Please answer by saying : WE DO
[Guests: WE DO]
Thank you.
And now a reading


VI.  READING: Union By Robert Fulghum

You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment. At some point, you decided to marry. From that moment of yes, to this moment of yes, indeed, you have been making commitments in an informal way. All of those conversations that were held in a car, or over a meal, or during long walks with Shelby – all those conversations that began with, “When we’re married”, and continued with “I will” and “you will” and “we will” – all those late night talks that included “someday” and “somehow” and “maybe” – and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart. All these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding.
The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, “You know all those things that we’ve promised, and hoped, and dreamed – well, I meant it all, every word.”

Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Before this moment you have been many things to one another – acquaintance, friend, companion, lover, dancing partner, even teacher, for you have learned much from one another these past few years. Shortly you shall say a few words that will take you across a threshold of life, and things between you will never quite be the same.

For after today you shall say to the world –
This is my husband. This is my wife.

VI. MARRIAGE STATEMENT OF INTENT/CONSENT
Now please turn to each other and share the vows you have written.

VII. VOWS
Mr. CS and I wrote personal vows as well as official ones.  As much as I love the hive, I am keeping the personal vows to myself :)




VIII. Official Vows
With those promises in mind; Mr. CS please repeat after me.
"I, Cucumber Sandwich, take thee Ms. Cucumber Sandwich to my wedded wife to have and to hold from this day forward. For better, for worse. For richer, for poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish. Till death us do part. According to God's holy law. And thereto I give thee my troth."
Ms. CS please repeat after me:
"I, Ms. Cucumber Sandwich, take thee Cucumber Sandwich to my wedded husband to have and to hold from this day forward. For better, for worse. For richer, for poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish. Till death us do part. According to God's holy law. And thereto I give thee my troth."

VIII. RING EXCHANGE
Blessing of the Rings by Father Paul McCarren

Let these rings be a sign that love has a past, a present, and a future
Through you and within you
CS, take Ms CS’s ring and place it on her finger and repeat after me:

Ms CS; I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows and a token of my affection.  With all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you. With this ring, I thee wed.

By the same token Ms CS, you may place a ring on the finger of your groom."

Mr. CS, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows and a token of my affection.  With all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you. With this ring, I thee wed.

IX. IRISH BELL RINGING
As part of an Irish tradition, I ask that each one of you take this wedding bell
And give it a good hearty ring while thinking loving thoughts

(pause for bell ring)

This bell is to be kept in the home you build together
As a reminder of the vows and promises you have made today

When you hear the sound of the bell not only will you be reminded of your wedding day
But you will know someone is thinking loving thoughts of you
XI. BENEDICTION 
Now, may the love that has brought you together
Continue to grow and enrich your lives
May you meet with courage the problems that arise to challenge you
And may your relationship always be one of love and trust.
May the happiness you share today be with you always
And may every word you have pledged here be a living truth in your lives.

X. PRONOUNCEMENT
Ms. CS and Mr. CS, we have heard your promise to share your lives in marriage.
We recognize and respect the vows you have made before each one of us as a witness.
In the honesty and sincerity of what you have said and done here today,
And in accordance with the laws of the state of New Jersey
It is my honor and delight to declare you henceforth
To be husband and wife
You may seal your vows with a kiss


And with that we jumped the broom.

The end!  Just kidding the best is yet to come... party!
Previously on Mrs. Cucumber Sandwich’s recaps:

No comments:

Post a Comment